5/17/10

New Things



About to get ooey gooey, so skip this post if you don't have the stomach for it.

- Davis loves fake coughing these days. He does it on his own, and if you do it first, he will start to smile and then will replicate the sound.

- Davis seems to have defined his favorite little stuffed animal and it's not the bunny or elephant like we thought it would be. It's a knit bla bla dog. He loves it. I'll check on him through the video monitor throughout the night and no matter where he has rolled (and he rolls all over) he brings the little dog with him and wraps his arms around him. Big Davis refers to the dog as a monkey, but really it's a dog. See picture to confirm- the dog is the one in the red striped shirt.

- He LOVES holding his own bottle. He prefers it really. But he can't always figure out exactly how to hold it upright and he also sometimes uses fists instead of fingers which complicates things.

- Yesterday I needed a nap, so I took little Davis into bed with me, just hoping that he might take a little snooze too. He laid so quietly by me, wide awake, pulling my hair, touching my face, and eventually fell asleep. When he sleeps by one of us- he loves to snuggle. He turns on his side and gets as close to your face as possible. His was a sweet little face to wake up to.

- He loves playing outside. As long as we keep him cool. He smiles and laughs and fake coughs, and squeals for hours.

- He won't lean back anymore. Which makes me sad because he doesn't really want to be held so much. He'd rather sit right up and look around.

- He has started to show his preference for Davis and I. We have noticed a little "stranger danger" in him- which I don't really want to be an issue. We're working on getting him around people more so he isn't afraid. But a teeny little bit of me loves that he would rather me hold him. I can't help it.

- He is so sensitive. He doesn't cry like most babies I've heard- he first puts out his little bottom lip, breathes hard, and looks at you like you've totally hurt his feelings. This is where I start to believe that nature is stronger than nurture. No way have we been able to teach him how to be so sensitive...And I get that both big Davis and I are pretty sensitive when it comes down to it- but really, this is so interesting how he picked this up.

This week he will start going over to the Wyrtzens to play with Laura, James and Scarlett. Of course I'm a little nervous as I know it will be a shock to him and he IS so sensitive. But I really can't think of better people for him to spend time and play with. I think he is going to have the best time once he gets used to it. I'm thrilled that Laura will be watching him and that James and Scarlett will become his big buddies. Anyway- that's what is new.

Okay so that is all for now. More to come.
Oh and PS to continue to hold myself accountable- I lost another pound last week. At this point I've lost 13 so I have about 15-18 left to go. I feel at this point, it is doable. YES!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...I just CAN'T wait to play with this adorable little guy! How sweet that he took a little snooze with you. Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!!!!

    ReplyDelete