5/10/10

6 Months and Mother's Day

And no pictures to show for these milestones, but lots of information. Davis and I weighed in on Friday- I lost a pound and he was surprisingly lighter than we expected. He was 17.8 pounds at 4 months, so we expected 20+ easily at 6 months. He certainly feels that heavy...but I digress. He weighed in at 18.4 pounds and measures 26.5 inches, (75 and 50% respectively). He took the six month shots like a champ, and we were off to enjoy Mother's Day Weekend. Or so we thought...

He woke up with a fever Saturday morning and it continued to climb all weekend. We thought it was the aftermath of the shots- but when he woke up today (3 days later) with a fever of 103+, we took him to the doctor. Apparently he has a virus...so we're watching him and giving him doses of motrin and tylenol every four hours. I am hoping he feels better tomorrow. It's heartbreaking to see a little one so miserable.

So mother's day was sort of a bust as far as health goes- but Davis and Nikki put on an amazing brunch for my mom, my grandparents and I. Davis made little menus and let us customize our omelettes and Nikki manned the pancakes. It was really nice.

All in all, I'm so thankful to be a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment