11/3/09

Memories

As excited as Davis and I are about little Davis coming- we have had some really sweet times in the past couple weeks- so I want to document them so in 5 or 10 years we can look back, read them, and smile.

Last week we had a hot date at Eddie V's and went to a few movies at the Paramount. Davis got us producer's passes for the Austin film festival- so we were able to see "The Young Victoria"- which was amazing- and "Up in the Air" with George Clooney. Jason Reitman, the director, was there to talk before the show, and right when he started talking and it got quiet, Davis dumped his full large buttered popcorn on the lady in front of him. It was like the tub was just propelled upward and forward off his lap, showering the poor gal in front of him. As if that wasn't awkward enough- he kept trying to rub the cheese salt off her black velvet jacket- which got really awkward. The lady didn't even say anything- but she just kept staring at Davis over her shoulder with pure hatred. Finally I was like "Davis- quit touching her..." So then we could NOT stop laughing. My whole body and belly was just shaking trying to keep quiet. It was so much fun.

Then Friday we met up with B and the Greers at Frank- I got a hot dog with jalapenos just to see if I could get some things moving. Saturday and Sunday were amazing- we slept in till 11 or noon both days and just watched movies and hung around together all day. It was sooo nice.

I've had yesterday and today off work and yesterday I couldn't really enjoy myself. It certainly didn't feel like vacation, more like I'm just sitting around waiting for baby Davis to come. I went to the book store and stupidly bought a book I've already read that wasn't so great the first time- OOPS- so then I tried a different book store last night- but couldn't even figure out what book I wanted to read. Around that time, while perusing home magazines at B&N, I decided that I needed to enjoy these last few days and just try to forget about having a baby in the next few days (if at all possible).

So this morning I woke up for my first day of vacation- had a GREAT prenatal massage- then went for a smoothie and spent the rest of the day just doing things I either wanted to do or things I needed to do...and it's been really nice.

Anyway- it's been really fun and I just want to remember it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment