11/20/09

In Our State of Delirium

Like I said- the first week was amazing and euphoric and also side-splittingly funny. Basically- we had the baby and then the nurses just hand them over to you- without any instructions or guidance- and there you are. So many silly things happened both due to our lack of knowledge with a newborn and our lack of sleep. Davis had some really funny ones...

1) singing christmas carols for hours on end because his voice would get baby Davis to relax and stop fussing
2) singing the whole tune of the happy birthday song with the words "i don't really know the words of this song..." and then me reminding him that it's just the birthday song.
3) asking me my middle name so he could tell the nurses
4) waking up in a complete daze- so much so that he was staring at the nurse and I for about 2 minutes before he heard me say "Davis- turn OFF the phone..."
5) responding to B's question "so how many diapers..." by saying "ahh, how many divers?" with a face that signaled that he thought B was asking him some sort of trivia question.
6) listening to his cousin tell a story about this guy that broke her phone...and then asking "which thumb did he break? are you going to press charges?"
7) and of course, Davis and I both losing control of our bodily functions during an improv game with Courtney and B.

Ahh, memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment