6/21/10

Juggling



That is what I feel like I am doing these days. I know, I know...this is part of being a full-time working mom and I know, I know, a lot of people have it a lot harder than I do...but this is the truth: this is hard.

Right now, I'm at work or working from home most of the hours of the week, I scramble to pick up Davis at a time that will allow me to see him for 45 minutes before he goes to bed (which is actually requiring me to leave work earlier than most, which makes me feel like such a heel), I put him to bed and I either work more or try to work out. With Davis traveling more, this working out is difficult, because I can't exactly leave to go running or go to the gym, even though little D is just snoozing away in there.

Then there's just normal stuff that needs to be done- groceries, cleaning, taking care of stuff. When do I do that?

Not to mention- some semblance of a social life. When do I see my friends?

I don't get it and I only have one kid, and I have a helpful husband. How do people do this and feel effective in all or at least most areas of their life? I cannot stand doing things if I can't do them well.

I'm tired. And feeling ineffective, like I'm doing a million things and none of them very well.

Things I am thankful for- trying to be positive:
- flexibility at work, modified work schedule
- help from my family
- being able to take davis places he loves while i work (the wyrtzens!)
- having friends that I wish I could hang out with
- weekends

2 comments:

  1. I promise it gets easier, Sam! "Poco a poco" (bit by bit) is what I tell myself when I'm feeling overwhelmed. The truth is that I'm not sure if it truly gets easier or if you just adjust easier after awhile, but either way, the juggling act seems to become more balanced and natural. One day at a time, one thing at a time, and it's not ALL going to be done perfectly. Focus on the big stuff if you can, or attempt to...? Love you!

    ReplyDelete