4/19/10

Red Letter Week

Last week was such a good one, I know this post won't even do it justice. So many special things happened- to name a few:
1) The Indigo Girls happened to be playing in Boulder one of 2 nights I was in town. This might not sound like a big deal to you- but I am constantly checking to see if they are playing in Texas or anywhere close,and they never are. I was on a walk in Boulder one morning and saw that they were playing at this charming theater right by my hotel. Davis and Nikki got me scalped tickets while I was at my workshop. It was an amazing show- and while I was walking over to the theater (after a sushi date with myself) I stopped to hear a CU a capella group singing in the middle of this adorable street lined with local shops. Their second song was "Galileo" and I got chills. For me, it was one of those days that you feel was tailor made for you by God, as a little gift. I really appreciated it.

2) I got to attend an amazing workshop called Boulder Digital Works- and it was definitely a career high for me. I've never been around a group of such smart and amazing people. It was amazing.

3) I came home to Bennett and Davis waiting in the driveway with a sign for me...and then got treated to the biggest bouquet of flowers I've ever had and a dinner date at Jack Allen's. Just seeing Bennett and Davis (If you can't tell- I'm trying to make "Bennett" stick as a nickname for Big Davis) was so special- everything else was gravy on the mashed potatoes.

4) Nikki watched Davis for us Saturday night so we could go have dinner with the Ryans. It poured and we were able to sit under their amazing new covered porch and listen, talk, eat dinner, and drink lots of wine. It was probably one of the best Saturday nights I've had in so long.

5) Yesterday we planted some pots on our back porch and Bennett cleaned up the back yard a bit. Spring is in the air! Davis hung out on the porch in his little rainforest thing and just had the best time ever.

6) This morning and yesterday morning, Davis has woken up just chatting up a storm around 6:30. He talks for about 20 minutes and then falls back asleep. It's the best.

The week was just so refreshing. And I am thankful.


1 comment:

  1. yahoo for a red letter week!!! it sounds amazing from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete