6/18/13

Sad

I have to confess...I've been quite self-involved lately. All I have thought about is myself in this move. And tonight, my sister came over, and I could just tell she was sort of sad...and I just felt horrible. And then I talked to my mom and I can tell she is so sad too. And it's the pits. I don't know how I will be able to do this knowing that they are feeling sad. It seriously breaks my heart to see my sister and my mom cry.

And they're not trying to make me feel that way- they've both been so supportive...it's just horrible to do something that makes people feel badly...even if your intentions are good.

I called Katie to talk to her about it and she was so encouraging, and/but was also like "I'm not going to lie to you. That's the worst part...knowing how sad your mom and sister feel..."

My heart is heavy tonight. I was driving home from the Y and looking at the hill country view and holy cow I will miss this place. Even if it is just for a short time. I love you mom and Nikki. And I love you too Austin. But I will be home soon...



1 comment:

  1. You are such a thoughtful one, but just know we are behind you and in support! We will be sad for a while (what kind of jerky family would we be if we weren't sad?!) and we will be so happy for you and want to hear all about the exciting new adventures, people and places you'll encounter!

    I love you all so much and I know this is a great step for all the Bennetts. It will be like New York and I have so many fun memories of your visit and phone calls while I was there!

    I can't wait to come and visit you and I am SO GLAD you have this blog to keep us up to the minute no matter where you, bennett and the beans are headed.

    xoxoxoxo
    aunt nikki

    ReplyDelete