5/17/13

100 Days of Health

Yesterday, my facebook post was "TOMORROW is the first day of the rest of my life..." Why? Because I've started fresh today. I'm not going to wallow in my mixed feelings about moving, I'm not going to put off getting in the health and shape I want to be in, I'm not going to go back and forth between telling myself "hey girl, don't stress out. life is short." or "self, you've really let yourself go."

Today I began what I have coined: 100 Days of Health. Since I made this program up- I also made all of the accompanying guidelines and opportunities.

The primary focus of this program, for me, is weight loss and fitness. Feeling good about myself, being able to stop thinking about getting back to my "normal weight", etc. However, this is not the only goal or objective of "100 Days of Health". There are other things that I have decided I want to pay more attention to, when it comes to healthy, beauty and wellness. Now, you might be thinking "Sam, there are more important things than the physical, and I wholeheartedly agree...but I have other initiatives for that. THIS is about the physical. So anyway, back to the point.

I'm 32. I have gone through the first 32 years of life barely washing the makeup off my face- gross, I know, but it's the truth. So, in an effort to take better care of my skin, I have recently started a new face wash regimen- simple 3 steps- and I am already noticing improvement. In addition to this, I am purchasing a Clarisonic MIA (on ebay- a really great deal, new in box) to help keep my skin looking youthful. Lets face it, we're not getting any younger.



I tried my friend's recently- and it was amazing. Also I pinned one on pinterest and I got so many comments raving about this tool. Anyway- I'm a grown up and it's time I started treating my face this way.

The second, and the most involved part of this commitment is about food. I am doing Weight Watchers all the way. Nothing will go in my mouth without being tracked. And in the way of Weight Watchers, I will remember that one mistake is one mistake, but making one mistake a reason to just fall of the wagon is quite another. Also, I've upped my weight loss goal. This is a psychological thing. So much of it is psychological, right? I've been trying to lose 10, maybe 15 pounds, and so in the back of my mind I've been like "That ain't no thang. When I get around to doing it for real, this will take like a hot minute." So instead- my new goal is 25 pounds. So I have to be consistent. Slow and steady wins the race.

The third is about fitness. I am hopeful that due to the better weather (in the summer) in Minne, we'll be outside more, and be more active. This will help. But I also plan to frequent the YMCA 3 times a week and try out a yoga studio when I get there.

For 100 days, I will do these things. And yes, I'm sure I will waiver...but I will focus not on mistakes, but on RESOLVE. WHO IS WITH ME???

In other, unrelated notes. I have yet to hear back from The Tune Ups. As my magic 8 ball would say: Outlook not so good. ZOINKS.


1 comment:

  1. You are the best, Sam! I love the way you take charge and really live into whatever it is you are doing and 100 days is no exception. I'm behind you all the way! ...and I need to know about this new face product, ;P
    xoxoxxo
    n

    ReplyDelete