12/13/12

When it Rains...

It pours.

Today, I went in to work, expecting to give a presentation and get a lot of work done.

I got an email in the morning from the head of new business, asking me to give him a call.

I gave him a call and he asked me to go be part of a pitch team on Monday. Yes, Monday.

I said "Well sure, but I have absolutely no idea about the brand or anything like that..."

He said "That's alright. Not even sure what we need you to do yet- just need you to go..."

Then he said "Our last rehearsal before we leave is tomorrow morning at 9."

I said "Oh yeah, about that. My daughter is having a medical procedure...I don't think I can be there."

He said "Totally understand. We'll figure it out Monday. When we get there."

OKAY.

So I spent the small breaks in my day trying to learn about the brand, the competition, the consumer...and figure out what my role might be. On Monday.

And then I realized that I would be out of the office Monday and Tuesday- and about a billion things need to happen between now and Tuesday. Just at work.

And right when I started breathing again- I got an email.

"Hi Sam, this is so and so at Davis' school. Can you come pick him up? He has diarrhea again- and can you please keep him home tomorrow?"

So without getting into too much detail- this is the THIRD time I've had to pick him up for what I call "mystery diarrhea"...I call it that because I HAVE YET TO SEE IT. I emailed her back said that his Honey would get him (Thank God Honey was here) and that this was the third time they had sent him home for mystery diarrhea and that if he didn't have it tonight- they could plan on seeing him back in the morning. And did I mention that he had his first week of school in underwear- with ZERO accidents?? This boy isn't running to the bathroom over diarrhea. This boy isn't sick.

And ma'am, we have to take my baby to the hospital in the morning to go under anesthesia and have tubes put in, which I'm a nervous wreck about, and at that same time, I am missing a meeting I really should be in so I don't embarass myself in front of the CEO and my peers and these people I will meet for the first time, not to mention, that I have one list a mile long at work and one list a mile long at home that I will never get to because I'm about to be out town, unplanned? I don't have TIME FOR MYSTERY DIARRHEA LADY!"

Okay, I was kinder than that. But that is what I was feeling.
So that's why I'm up right now working...and probably will be until we get ready for the hospital at 6:00 a.m. ZOINKS.

But really I'm in okay spirits. These are total 1st world problems. I get it. Just thought I would share this moment in my life. One day I will laugh. If I don't lose my shit and go crazy first. I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding!

Peace out, blog friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment