6/5/12

I Wide Awake

Bennett got a last minute opportunity to go to a conference he's been trying to attend- so he headed out last night for that. Meanwhile, back at home, little Davis was having a very hard time sleeping. He isn't SICK, but he doesn't feel great. He can't stop coughing or sneezing and his little nose is running like a faucet. During the day he's fine, but at night, he wakes up and cries a lot.

Last night, around 11:00, I couldn't get him to calm down, so I said he could come sleep with me. He was so excited and climbed in bed, we watched one little truck video on YouTube, and then had to lay down and go to sleep. It had been 10 minutes, and all was quiet, but I felt I needed to call Bennett to make sure he was safe on the road. I called and said "Are you wide awake?" And before Bennett could answer, Davis quickly said "I wide awake." I giggled and said "Hey- I wasn't talking to you!" He giggled and then we snuggled for a bit.

About 20 minutes later he asked to go back to his bed. He always does this- just likes to sleep in his bed. This morning, unfortunately, he woke up at 6:00 a.m. and I had just gone back to bed at 5:00 after feeding Holden. It's going to be a long day. I NOT wide awake. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment