12/12/09

5 Weeks

Things have changed so much in week 5- Davis especially. His little face and body are filling out- he is finally in 0-3 months clothes instead of newborn- and he is learning things...small things, but noticeable things.
1) he doesn't scream every time we change his diaper or pull a shirt over his head- it's like he has realized that it's not so bad and it's going to happen frequently.
2) he follows things better with his eyes
3) when he wakes up hungry in the night and I set him up on my lap on his boppy- he immediately starts to calm down- like he knows the bottle is coming.
4) he is getting closer and closer to getting that thumb in his mouth- yesterday he found it twice and was very pleased.

It's so fun hanging out with him- I don't feel like I could ever get tired of it- and boredom is out of the question. We did have our first public meltdown at the mall on Thursday- it was quite the experience and a test of my patience. I was in the Dillard's bathroom for about an hour- loudly telling him how much I loved him so the other people in the bathroom would know I wasn't torturing him.

Here is a quick picture of Davis and Davis- Niles took it last week while he was here.

1 comment:

  1. oh i bet the dillard's bathroom scene would make a great little short film!
    i love this picture of your guys - davis' little face is so distinctive now and so cute!
    xoxo
    aunt nikki

    ReplyDelete