12/22/09

29

I turned 29 today, and while I'm not sure exactly how I feel about that, my birthday has certainly spurred some good thought already. For example, last night I laid in bed thinking about my birthday and what I hoped to do/learn/become in the next year. Sounds a lot like resolutions and maybe so- but I'd prefer to think of this simply as how I would like to expand my horizons and become a better version of myself in the next year. Here are a few things I thought of.

1) I'd like to be more gracious. Many people have shown me such grace in the past few months- my girlfriends (sister included) in particular- and they've inspired me to try to do the same for others.

2) I'd also like to slow down. I am always thinking of the next thing...and while I do think this trait is what helps me be successful in my job and pretty pulled together in life in general, having a baby and spending the entire day simply enjoying having a baby has helped me realize how important it is to slow down and enjoy exactly where I am at the time. I thought I would get bored at some point on maternity leave- but I'm really enjoying myself and learning a lot in this new pace.

3) Of course I'd like to lose the remainder of the baby weight and also get back in running shape.

4) I'd like to write more. And not just these factual blog entries. I've always loved to write and I've always fancied myself a writer- so I'd like to sharpen my pencil and do more of this thing that I love in the coming year.

5) I'd like to travel with Davis and Davis. Not sure where exactly- though I have a list of places I'd like to go next- just have to choose one or two.

And that is all for now.
All in all, today was great and so was this last year, so I only have good things to look forward to with a hopeful spirit. My best birthday gift by far is the adorable little guy I get to call my baby Davis. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment