3/13/12

My Mikki

Davis was a little whiny today after school. He wanted to go to Chik a Way- but I didn't really want to go there today- so he was bummed about that. And I think he has a cold which just makes him a little cranky. So he was sitting in the back seat sobbing a little, feeling sad for himself, letting me know that "I sad mommy. I sad." I asked him why and I talked to him about all the fun things we were going to do when we got home...and out of the blue he said: "I want Mikki. I want Mikki hug at the house."

It was so sweet and so sincere. Like he just knew that she would make him feel better. So I explained to him how Nikki works- she is a hard worker just like Davis- and how she will come over again soon and he smiled a little and said "My Mikki..."

He adores her in a way that is different from me, from Davis, even from Honey. She is for sure his sweetheart.

We did have fun tonight though- we played on the back porch and Davis got to have an orange pop-stickle which he was very excited about. He hasn't quite realized the urgency with which one needs to eat a popsicle- so it gets very melty. And sometimes he sets it down, only to come back for it and see that it has leaves stuck to it, or it's melted a bit.

He is so sweet. The stuff he says and does just kills me. He pulls his little adirondack chair up so close to mine that I have to sit indian style on my chair because there is no room for my legs. I asked Bennett tonight, how long he thought I had until Davis would stop adoring me the way he does. I wish it would last forever...

1 comment:

  1. So Sweet!

    of all the fans - if i could choose between a horde of intellectual followers, a stadium of hot men or the love of my sweet nephew, I promise my little davis would win!

    it is so good to be the aunt of such a sweet boy. we have a special connection - i love cashews, he loves cashews. i think the juice machine at whole foods is fascinating, he thinks the juice machine at whole foods is fascinating. he appreciates all of my latest lyrics and i appreciate his lyrics, too. then there's a shared love of mini coopers, a disdain for math. it just doesn't get any better than this, ;)

    i can't wait until Holden is older, too - there are all sorts of new loves and adventures waiting for us to share together. maybe we'll bond over cereal. who knows - it could be anything.

    i just know there is nothing better than being an aunt. i can't wait to have them over for movie night, for little sleep overs - i can't wait to go to their soccer games or gymnastics practice. my little beans. i couldn't love you more!

    ReplyDelete