11/21/11

Busy Bees

We were very busy bees this past weekend. So busy, the queen bee, never got a nap. Now that is saying something...

On Friday, the Furls came to stay with us, so of course where did Kirsten and I take the boys? Specs liquor store. Yes, Specs is in fact the most kid-friendly store in the neighborhood, with carts complete with little cars with horns to keep the kids occupied while mommy and daddy peruse the booze. I have some really cute pictures of the boys playing in the little car attached to the cart. We were buying some drinks for a thanksgiving dinner some of our friends have each year. So also on Friday I baked brownies and we made a homemade mac and cheese bake, which was a hit. The party was really fun- I love seeing all my friends in one place like that.

Saturday we took Davis and Andy to the gym- which they LOVED...and then the rest of the weekend was spent getting things done. If you know me, you know that I love two things: 1) getting things done and 2) getting rid of things. We did BOTH this weekend. YES! I mean seriously, I get a little thrill every time I'm able to sell, give or drop things by the local Goodwill. If I think too long about the stuff lingering in our attic it just gives me a sideache. Seriously.

Anyway- my sweet mom took a lot of things back to Fred with her so we could make room for our new couch/bed setup in the office, which meant we could move the guest bed out, which means WE CAN FINALLY START GETTING HER ROOM READY! The room is basically empty, so last night I cleaned the floors, laid out her adorable rug, and now when we get back from Maine we can go ahead and set up her crib. I think that will really make it feel real. I can hardly believe that in two months we'll have a little girl. It has FLOWN by.

Some funny things Davis said or did this weekend:
- claimed "Da-ee bwoke it" over and over while pointing at a bowl he most certainly broke last week.

- the hokey pokey! I had no idea he knew how until the song came on his piano. The music classes are paying off.

- started saying "Okaaayy" as a replacement for: stop, no more, and move. One night he woke up so upset because he couldn't stop coughing. Bennett and I walked in to see what was up- I started rocking him and Bennett walked over to rub his back while I rocked him. Davis looked at him and said "Da-ee, okaaayyy..." We couldn't stop giggling. It was like "okay dad. enough. get out of here. we're doing our thing." I keep reminding Bennett that his little girl will feel the same way about him that Davis feels about me. :)

- held hands with little Andy each time we got in the car.

- played with the little kitchen Honey got him for his birthday. it is made of wood, it's red and vintage looking and we finally set it up in his room. he loves it!

So we're off to Maine tomorrow. I hope the flights are easy, the week is fun and RELAXING, and we don't freeze our patoots off. Yes, this is really the weather forecast. I hope one of my jackets fits!

No comments:

Post a Comment